Looking for a way to restrict product access in WooCommerce? Don’t want to set up a full-fledged memberships site?
This tiny plugin allows you to restrict access to any WooCommerce product, depending on the ownership or purchase of other, required products.
- Conditional product access based on the ownership and/or purchase of other required products.
- Support for “ownership”, “purchase” and “ownership/purchase” dependency types.
Developers can checkout and contribute to the source code on the plugin’s GitHub Repository.
Important: Requires WooCommerce 2.2+. WooCommerce 3.0+ or higher recommended.
Dependencies are evaluated when customers attempt to add a product to their cart. If validation fails, the product cannot be added to the cart and a notice is displayed. In order to evaluate “Ownership”-type dependencies, customers are prompted to log in.
To add dependencies to a product:
- Go to the Product Data > Dependencies tab.
- Use the Product Dependencies field to search for and add some products and/or variations.
- Choose a Dependency Type.
- Update to save your changes.
The “Ownership” dependency type is evaluated by checking if the customer has purchased a required product in a previous order. The “Purchase” dependency type requires the customer to have a required product in the cart in order to purchase the dependent one.
OWNERSHIP VS PURCHASE
The plugin allows you to select between 3 different dependency types:
- Ownership: Access is granted only to customers that already own any of the products added to the Product Dependencies field.
- Purchase: The product can be purchased only in combination with any of the items added to the Product Dependencies field. Ownership is not taken into account.
- Either: Access is granted with ownership or purchase of any item added to the Product Dependencies field.